NuCypher is proud to support the Mobility Open Blockchain Initiative (MOBI) as a founding member along with leading car makers BMW, GM, Ford, and Renault.
MOBI is an industry research consortium that will explore the potential of blockchain technology in the automotive and mobility space with the goal of making transportation safer, more affordable, and more widely accessible.
Our initial research scope includes:
* Vehicle identity, history and data tracking
* Supply chain tracking, transparency, and efficiency
* Autonomous machine and vehicle payments
* Secure mobility ecosystem commerce
* Data markets for autonomous and human driving
* Car sharing and ride hailing
* Usage-based mobility pricing and payments for vehicles, insurance, energy,
congestion, pollution, infrastructure, etc.
We are excited to join MOBI to work with other leading blockchain projects and companies to reinvent mobility using a decentralized tech stack. We’re looking forward to providing our expertise in proxy re-encryption to further the development of mobility protocols like vehicle digital identity, which require secure storage of data in decentralized infrastructure with permissioned access.
Read the full press release here.