Keeping you in the loop
Our engineering team has been hard at work building out the NuCypher protocol. For detailed technical discussions join our Slack or follow along on GitHub, but here are the highlights:
- Implemented a Data Encryption Mechanism (DEM) that allows users to encrypt data using the Umbral scheme and protect it with authenticated encryption (ChaCha20-Poly1305).
- Serialization of all Umbral artifacts (keys, ciphertexts, etc.)
- Simple API Construction — a simple API has been implemented to allow users of Umbral to easily use and handle proxy re-encryption without messy or otherwise complicated code. This also contributes to product readability quite a bit.
- Improved tests to validate the security of our scheme against known standards
- Further security hardening
- More Proxy Re-encryption API improvements to readability, usability, and documentation
NuCypher Event Rundown
NuCypher & THE COIN + Tokyo Meetup
NuCypher was at THE COIN & Smart Contract Meetup in Japan this month — filled with great keynotes, projects and community building. Our CEO MacLane Wilkison spoke on a panel with Quantstamp CEO Richard Ma & Zilliqa CEO Xinshu Dong.
NuCypher & BPASE + Blockchain Connect
NuCypher had a great oppurtinity to speak at the Stanford BPASE & Blockchain Connect conference. Co-Founder & CTO Michael Egorov spoke about Privacy on the Blockchain [You can watch his full talk below] on a panel with Riccardo Spagni, Kathryn Haun, Jason Inch & XiangJun Li.
ICO DROPS — ENGLISH VERSION
Michael Egorov, NuCyphers Co-Founder and CTO, recently did an interview for YouTube Channel, ICO Drops in English — getting in depth about PRE, NuCypher’s technical strategy and more leading up to the public launch.
NuCypher + ETHDenver February 16–18
We will be at ETHDenver sponsoring the Hackathon. There is still time to get your ticket — https://ethdenver.com/
Check the meetup — https://www.meetup.com/Ethereum-Denver
Judges will score projects based on 6 categories:
- Technical Sophistication
- Diversity Awareness
- Makes the World A Better Place
The top 5 overall teams will have the opportunity to present and demo their hacks in front of the entire hackathon crowd at the concluding session. They will also receive a crypto-cash prize of Ether and other prizes announced at the event.
NuCypher upcoming events
Silicon Ethereum Meetup — Feb 4
Tech Startup Fest — Feb 8
Ethereum Denver — Feb 16–18
Oakland Ethereum — Feb 22
Berkeley Ethereum — Feb 26